Pick-up & Delivery Driver
Reporting to the Logistics Manager, the position of Pick-up & Delivery Driver is responsible for the timely movement of food supplies to Fruitful Communities and to our clients.
The ideal candidate is a team player who has a mature attitude and understanding of food security and sensitivity to poverty and minority issues. They also have experience supporting leaders and peers, as well as well-honed customer service skills.
Due to the nature of logistical requirements, Drivers need to be flexible in their availability and may be asked to be On-Call for one or more days per week.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Pick-up food supplies from different locations
- Timely arrival at food supplier for the pick-up
- Drop-off and offload supplies at Fruitful Communities location
- Ensure proper storage of perishable items when necessary
- Deliver food donations to various shelters in surrounding areas
- Engage with shelter representatives on behalf of Fruitful Communities
- Deliver food donations to clients homes
- Engage with clients of various cultures and ages on behalf of Fruitful Communities
Offload Team Worker
Offload Team Workers are our “Power Team” members. They are the muscle behind the operations, effectively and efficiently offloading and storing our major food supplies. The ideal candidate is a team player who has a mature attitude and understanding of food security and sensitivity to poverty and minority issues. Reporting to the Logistics Manager, the Offload Team Worker is responsible for the following duties:
- Loading donations at our supplier warehouse (when necessary)
- Receiving donation items at Fruitful Communities location
- Unloading delivery vehicles upon arrival of food supplies
- Moderate physical activity (e.g., the lifting of objects of up to 40 lbs, occasional maneuvering of large pallets of food with pallet jack)
- Proper storage of skids, containers, and garbage
- Ensure that the outside area is left clean and presentable, void of debris
- Packing food for storage and or distribution
- Assist in the preparation of food supplies for distribution day
- Other duties as required