Food Distribution Worker
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the position of Food Distribution Worker is responsible for helping in the daily activities of the Food Distribution Program and assisting staff to ensure clients receive excellent service.
The ideal candidate is a team player who has a mature attitude and understanding of food security and sensitivity to poverty and minority issues. They also have experience supporting, as well as well-honed customer service skills.
Duties include, but are not limited to
- Set-up of tables and serving stations
- Recording food bank visits by clients using computer software
- Serving clients from various food stations
- Ensuring the physical distancing of clients
- Assist clients with their bags as they move through the line or to their vehicle
- Replenish stock for serving stations
- Removing garbage during distribution
- Clean-up duties at the end of serving
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have a pleasant personality and willingness to work with people from all backgrounds and cultures
- Must be physically able to carry up to 40 lbs
- Must be physically able to climb into a delivery truck to help unload
- Successful police record check for the vulnerable sector
- Previous work experience in food services an asset
- Up to date standard, First Aid certification is preferred.