Passionate about graphic design?
Use your talents at Fruitful Communities.
We are looking for a freelance/part-time Graphic Designer to assist the Creative Director with projects for print and digital applications, including branding, packaging, stationery, and graphics for web and social media. The chosen applicant can be anywhere in the world.
Websites: Ability to design, build and manage websites including updating with new information and changing campaigns, and more
Graphic Design: Create graphics for all Fruitful Communities needs such as email campaigns, social media, print graphics such as magazine ads, flyers, brochures, newsletters and signage, website sliders and photos, etc
Video Editing: Create short clips from existing videos for social media and other marketing initiatives
- Translate marketing objectives into clear creative strategies
- Work closely with multidisciplinary project teams
- Ensure visual communication and brand standards are met
- Meet with upper management to explain campaign strategies and solutions
- You are personable and: Skilled at using Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Lightroom, Acrobat DC, Premiere Pro) and Microsoft Office Suite, preferred
- Possess effective time management and organizational skills, with the ability to meet tight deadlines
- A strong eye for visual composition, aesthetics, and attention to detail
- Positive attitude and good communication skills
- Ability to show examples of past work in graphic design and social media
- Educational background in graphic design, marketing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to produce high-quality work
Social Media Ambassadors
As a Fruitful Communities Social Media Ambassador, you are a passionate, creative storyteller, who will develop strategy, create content, manage day-to-day social posting, engage with our community, and optimize social media activity. The role works collaboratively with the rest of the social media team to create and promote content being produced daily.
Along with a passion for storytelling and attention to detail, the candidate must have in-depth social media experience, as well as knowledge and understanding of Food Security and current affairs. The ideal candidate will assist with the social media strategy and planning. This includes Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
As the online representative of Fruitful Communities, this role involves engaging with our online audience, keeping our feeds engaged and up-to-date, promoting services, fundraising appeals, and campaigns. We want someone who can really engage with our online community to generate new followers and opportunities.
This role is intended for someone with strong writing skills, a creative mindset, familiarity with analytics tools, and enthusiasm for joining a dedicated team.
- Managing our Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn social media pages
- Plan the social media calendar
- Scheduling posts
- Engaging with our followers
- Commenting and responding to DM’s
- Content Creation/Aesthetic Flow
- Maintaining Hootsuite’s posting calendar
- Create a blog and recruit subscribers
- Promote Fruitful Communities on other platforms
- Other duties as required
RESPONSIBILITY FOR CONTACTS
The work involves ongoing contact with co-workers, volunteers, and our clients.
Tact, discretion, and good manners are necessary when dealing with all daily contacts, especially when working with staff and other volunteers. The ability to effectively identify problems and resolve conflicts is required to work effectively as a team member.
CONSEQUENCE OF ERRORS
Failure to keep the work environment clean and safe could lead to physical injuries, loss of property, equipment, vehicles, or food. Errors in judgment or lack of discretion when dealing with daily contacts could impact Fruitful Communities’ image and directly affect its ability to efficiently and effectively serve our Community.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
Moderate physical activity (e.g., the lifting of objects of up to 40 lbs, occasional maneuvering of large pallets of food with pallet jack) and ability to bend, squat, walk, reach, and twist, as well as stand for long periods, is required to perform the duties of the position.